The “Add Customer” section is used to add new customers to the Calendesk platform. You are bound to have customers who book over the phone or come straight “off the street”. So the “Add customer” section is where you can enter the details of those who have not made their reservation online.
In the “Add customer” section, you can enter information such as:
- the customer’s first name,
- the customer’s last name,
- the customer’s email address,
- the customer’s contact number,
- the customer’s gender,
- the customer’s date of birth.
In this section, you add an additional description to help you provide customers with a higher level of service. Thanks to the notes here, you can add information about customer preferences or problems. This information will only be visible to your employees.
If you want your employees to have a full picture of who the customer is, they can add a photo of the customer. However, it is important to be very careful with this step. The customer will see the photo added by the employee to their profile. This photo will appear in your customer’s account, on your website or mobile application developed using the Calendesk application.
In this section, you can assign the customer to a selected group. This will help you to find your customer later.
The customer is a company
If your customer is a company and you would like to add the business data, select the “The customer is a company?” check box. By performing this activity, a form will appear that needs to be completed with your customer’s company data.
If you do not want to enter all the data manually, for fear of making a mistake or forcing the customer to provide himself, item by item, their company data, complete the two fields:
- Prefix – a letter designation located directly before the Polish Tax ID (NIP) number,
- Polish Tax ID (NIP) or its European counterpart,
then select the “download data” button. This action will cause your customer’s company data that is associated with their NIP number to be retrieved from:
- GUS (The Central Statistical Office) – for companies with a Polish NIP number,
- VIES – (VAT Information and Exchange System) – for companies with a European Tax Number.
Processing of personal data
The next step in adding a customer is the two checkboxes at the very end of the form.
- Request to send a password link to the customer’s email address.
- This check box is only available if the customer has provided their email address. This will give the customer a password for their account on their mailbox. You can change this password later in the section: Customers -> List of customers by clicking on the customer profile, then clicking the button with the three dots and “Set new password” (the animation below shows the entire process).
- Consent to the processing of personal data by your company. From the moment you add a customer to your customer base, you become the administrator of personal information. The customer must consent to the processing of his/her data
The last step is to select the “Add” button. This is necessary for the customer profile to be saved in the system.