In this section, you will learn how to create a mobile application that your customers can use to make bookings.
Creating a mobile application
1. The first step in creating a mobile application is to select the “New mobile application” function button found in the section “Add-ons – mobile application”.
If you already have a mobile application but want to edit it, select the function button with three dots, which is located near the template name or by clicking the “Edit mobile application” button. For information on editing a mobile application, see the next article – “Add-ons – mobile application – personalization”.
2. The next step is to select the template you will use during the application development phase. The template is just a suggested graphic design that we have created to make it easier and quicker to create a mobile app.
To effectively select a mobile application template, chose the “Select” function button located directly below the template you want to edit.
The arrows on the right and left of the selection window will allow you to view the available templates.
Confirming your selection will redirect your browser to a wizard where you can personalize your application. When you chose the “Select” button, the mobile application is ready. If you want it to be visible after entering your company’s name, you still need to publish it using the “Publish” function button.
After successful publication, you can open it on your phone (of course if you have downloaded the mobile Calendesk application from the Google or Apple stores).
Start the application
To start using the Calendesk mobile app as a customer, you must complete the following steps:
- Start the Calendesk mobile application.
- Enter your company’s name you entered when you registered on the Calendesk platform (during your first login to the system).
- Select the “Go to login” function button (if you already have a customer account) or register as a customer using the “Register” function button.
- Enter the email address and password for the customer account you used to register the customer account.
- Select the “Log in” function key.
At this stage, all the information about employees, services and customers you have entered at an earlier stage of the Calendesk platform configuration is now available on your mobile application The application is now ready for use.
After completing the steps listed above, you will see the application template before editing. In the next article, “Add-ons – mobile application – personalization”, you will learn how to personalize the mobile application template.